Intempus is a San Francisco Bay Area real estate brokerage company specialized in Los Gatos Property Management. With over 10 years of property management experience, we are able to provide via our local offices the top quality property management services for your Los Gatos investment property.
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We are local area experts currently managing a portfolio of over 300 family homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments in San Francisco Bay Area. Our goal is worry-free management of your property with low vacancy and high tenant retention.
AS YOUR PROPERTY MANAGER, WE WILL
- Evaluate Your Property and Help You Determine the Optimum Rental Rate In Your Market
- Market Your Property to Attract Highly Qualified Tenants
- Manage the Tenant Application Process
- Manage and Oversee Move-In and Move-Out
- Collect Rents
- Track and Initiate All Annual and Safety Inspections
- Provide Accounting Services
- Contract and Oversee All Maintenance and Repair Services
Your Los Gatos Rental Property Initial Evaluation
- Meet at the property to discuss goals for the property and suggest an optimal rental rate
- Recommend improvements and repairs to maximize potential monthly rent and provide a good return on investment
- Discuss the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, smoking, etc.
- Install a lock box
Your Los Gatos Rental Marketing
- Clean and prepare your house for showing, ensuring the property is safe and in good repair
- Provide professional photography and property write-up
- Employ custom-targeted marketing strategies in all available outlets
- 200+ rental listing websites
- Social media marketing
- Signs, flyers, e-flyers and print publications
- Local realtors
- Partnered with Google, Apple, Ebay, etc. to ensure access to high quality tenants
- Meet and show your property to prospective applicants seven days a week.
- Provide prospective tenants with thorough, legally compliant rental applications
Tenant Application Process for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Thoroughly screen every prospective tenant
- Perform a background check to verify identity
- Run a credit check to verify income and rental history
- Contact landlord, employer and other references
- Notify you of all applicants and include you in the decision-making process
Move-In Inspection for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Draw up a legally binding leasing agreement with agreed move-in date
- Continue to market until deposit is received at the office
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding rental payment terms, required property maintenance, etc.
- Grant access to Tenant Portal website.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed property inspection with tenant and have tenant sign a Statement of Condition
- Collect first month’s rent and proof of renters insurance at move-in if not yet received.
Rent Collection for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Receive rents by due date
- Follow up with late payments
- Send out pay or quit notices
- Enforce late fees
Inspections for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Perform annual safety inspection (inside and outside) on a predefined schedule.
- Report to owner all repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
Accounting for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Provide property management accounting services
- Make payments on behalf of owner (mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- Document all expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting structured for tax purposes, as well as required tax documents including 1099 tax reporting form
- Advise on relevant tax deductions related to your rental property
- Provide easy-to-read monthly cash-flow statements with detailed income and itemized expenses
Maintenance for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Maintain and monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hot-line
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Provide recommendations to maximize rental income
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Get multiple independent bids for larger projects
- Assign jobs to in-house employees, handyman or professional contractor based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
- Manage larger renovation or rehab projects
- Contract for gardening service
Move-Out for Your Los Gatos Rental
- Inspect unit and report on property condition after move-out
- Provide owner and tenant with condition report including estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward owner’s portion of tenant deposit or hold in owner reserves for repairs
- Clean unit and perform any needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
The town of Los Gatos is located in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains in Santa Clara County, California. Los Gatos continues to retain its small town image with a well-balanced mix of residential, commercial, service, and open space uses, benefiting residents, businesses, and visitors. According to 2010 census, the population of Los Gatos was 29,413. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, Los Gatos is ranked the 33rd wealthiest city in the United States.
When you live in Los Gatos you truly are home. Los Gatos is beautiful and luxurious city with distinguished schools, charming neighborhoods, beautiful hillsides, limitless recreation, and great shopping and dining choices. The city is in convenient proximity to some great shopping, restaurants and wineries. Santa Cruz and coast is less than a 20 minute and Monterey and Carmel is about 45 minute drive.
Los Gatos residents enjoy many amenities – distinguished schools, charming neighborhoods, beautiful hillsides, limitless recreation, and great shopping and dining choices to name a few. Situated within the largest metropolitan area of northern California and closely tied to Silicon Valley
Los Gatos homes are quite expensive. According to Zillow, as of February, 2016, Median Sales Price is $1,619,500 and Price Per Sqft is $801, Median Rent Per Month is $4,250. There are many factors impacting the Los Gatos real estate market, including the price point and the elementary or high school district.
If you want to invest in Los Gatos renting property, our local offices having over 10 years’ experience in property management will make sure that you are taken care of with all of your investment and leasing needs. What sets us apart from others who also provides Los Gatos Property Management services is our ability to always exceed your expectations through integrity and dedication. Intempus Realty is committed to your satisfaction. We provide everything from professional marketing with HDR photography and a wide array of syndicated web partners, to our very own in-house maintenance team and network of trusted vendors.
We understand what it takes to exceed our client’s expectations and can offer guidance and advice through the property management experience.