The Intempus Property Management team is proud to offer Santa Cruz property management services to our clients. In business for over 15 years, our team manages a portfolio of over 300 homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments.
We have a local team of Santa Cruz property management experts who are familiar with the unique characteristics and the quality of life enjoyed by those who live in the Santa Cruz community. So, we’re familiar with the neighborhoods and special attractions that make Santa Cruz a truly special place to live.
If you own property in Santa Cruz, California, and you’re considering renting it out, we would be happy to talk with you and answer any questions you have. Our team will find the ideal tenant for your rental.
Whether you own a single-family home, an apartment or condo, or a multi-family building, Intempus offers a full range of property management services that we’ll tailor to your specific needs as a homeowner, a building owner, a landlord, and an investor.
Our goal is to provide you with complete assurance, combined with premier property management services, so you’ll be confident that your property is well taken care of.
The results you’ll experience will be high tenant retention, a low vacancy rate, and consistent rental income month after month.
The Intempus team will go above and beyond to make sure you’re fully satisfied with our services and that your Santa Cruz property is well taken care of!
Partner with the Experts in Santa Cruz Property Management
Our local team who serves the Santa Cruz community is familiar with the unique neighborhoods and areas in and around Santa Cruz, so we can advise potential tenants as we find the perfect tenant for your property.
Some of the neighborhoods and communities in the Santa Cruz area that we serve include:
- The Boardwalk
- Downtown Santa Cruz
- Twin Lakes
- Live Oak
- Pleasure Point
- Opal Cliffs
- Paradise Park
- Ocean Street
- Harvey West
- UC Santa Cruz
- The Santa Cruz Mountains, including Felton, Boulder Creek, and Ben Lomand
- And others
Our Commitment to You, As Your Santa CruzProperty Manager
Our goal is to find the ideal match of your property with the right tenant.
When prospective tenants come to us who are looking for a rental in the Santa Cruz area, we can tell them about local attractions and fun things to do in the Santa Cruz area, such as:
- The Santa Cruz Boardwalk
- Lighthouse Field State Beach
- Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History
- Bigfoot Discovery Museum
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center
- Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History
- Santa Cruz Surf Museum
- West Cliff Drive
In addition, we can advise potential tenants about local parks, outdoor recreation, and rest and
- Natural Bridges State Beach
- Ocean View Park
- Sunny Cove Beach
- Wilder Ranch State Park
- DeLaveaga Disc Golf Club
Some of Santa Cruz’s popular markets, restaurants, and shopping centers that we can recommend include:
- Pacific Garden Mall
- Patagonia Outlet Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Flea Market
- Black Point Market
- Santa Cruz Farmers’ Market
- Lillian’s Italian Kitchen
- Hula’s Island Grill and Tiki Room
We can also advise your potential tenants on where they can find local schools and places of worship, as well as provide information on public transportation, and other relevant information about living in Santa Cruz. We will always emphasize the most attractive aspects of your property’s location.
As your Santa Cruz property manager, we are committed to providing you with:
Personalized Santa Cruz Property Management Services
We’ll customize your Santa Cruz property management experience and cater to your unique needs as a landlord, a home or building owner, and investor. Our goal is to provide you with property management services that are comprehensive and that leave you worry-free.
We act as your personal concierge and our customizable services include:
- Santa Cruz residential property management
- Santa Cruz commercial property management
- Real estate management in Santa Cruz
- Relationship management
- Real estate sales in and around Santa Cruz
- Construction and remodeling
We offer a tried and true process for managing your rental. Here are the benefits of having Intempus Property Management handle your Santa Cruz property:
- We start with an evaluation of your Santa Cruz rental so we can maximize your rent value.
One of the first steps we take in assisting you with your property management needs is setting up a property evaluation meeting. At this meeting, we’ll take a look at your property and learn about your needs and objectives. We’ll also make recommendations about opportunities to increase the value of your investment and maximize your rent.
At your property evaluation meeting, we’ll:
- Make a rental rate determination
- Discuss guidelines, as well as the pros and cons of items you may want to include in your lease, such as smoke detectors, pet restrictions, and more
- Suggest ways to maximize your property value with repairs and upgrades
- Install a lock box so that we can securely maintain your property
- We’ll professionally market your Santa Cruz property on over 200 trusted rental websites that are in our network.
Part of our proven process to obtain quality tenants and to optimize your rent is marketing your Santa Cruz property on our network of over 200 rental websites. We know which sites will give you the broadest reach, so we can access a pool of high-quality tenants. We provide everything from professional HDR photography and expert copywriting services.
As Bay Area residents ourselves, we’re familiar with the unique attributes of the Santa Cruz community. To attract the best tenants, we promote not just your rental, but the positive features of the Santa Cruz area, such as restaurants, shopping, fun things to do, parks and recreation, and more.
- We’ll get your property ready to promote and for your new tenants to move in.
Once we complete your property evaluation and all of the necessary paperwork, we’ll get your property ready to market, plus we’ll make it move-in ready for your tenants. These steps include:
- Cleaning the property thoroughly from top to bottom
- Making any needed repairs
- Taking professional photos of the property
- Writing the property rental description for use in marketing materials
- Creating promotional materials for the property, including social media posts, print publications, flyers, and more
- Alerting local realtors about the new listing
- Marketing the property in channels that attract high-quality tenants
The Santa Cruz Intempus property management team is available seven days per week to show our rental property to prospective tenants.
- We’ll screen applicants so you get the best tenants.
How we screen rental applicants:
Every rental applicant must complete a detailed application in order to be considered as a tenant.
We help you qualify and select the best tenants by collecting all of the information you need to make an educated decision. We provide a variety of checks in addition to a detailed application for each applicant. Checks we perform include a background check, a credit check, and a reference check. Our reference checks include contacting former landlords and employers for each applicant. Once we’ve completed the screening process, we’ll present the information to you so you can make an informed decision.
- We handle every step of the move-in for your Santa Cruz rental.
Once you’ve selected your tenant, we facilitate and supervise every step of the move-in process. The property will remain listed on the market until a security deposit is received. This helps eliminate any avoidable vacancies.
Every tenant will sign a binding lease agreement provided by our team of legal professionals. The agreement may include terms and guidelines specific to your property. Upon completion of the agreement, we’ll ensure the tenant clearly understands the terms by reviewing it with them.
Once the agreement is signed we:
- Provide the tenant with a login to our easy-to-use Intempus Property Management Tenant Portal
- Collect the first month’s rent
- Verify that the tenant has procured renter’s insurance
- Conduct a walkthrough of the property with the tenant and sign a Statement of Condition
- We collect the rent and other payments for your rental.
Ensuring that rent and payments are received on time and consistently is essential to us as we know it is to you. Payment due dates will be specified in the lease and collected throughout the tenancy. We always do our best to collect on-time payments, but we have procedures in place in the event a payment is overdue. If a payment is overdue, we will contact the tenant to make payment arrangements. Late fees will be enforced. If necessary, we dispense pay-or-quit notices.
- We perform yearly inspections to ensure proper upkeep of your Santa Cruz property and to make sure your property is safe.
We provide yearly inspections for properties under our management. Yearly inspections allow us to ensure the property is being properly cared for. It also helps us to proactively find any safety hazards, code violations, repair needs, or lease violations. We will provide you with a detailed report that highlights our findings once the inspection is complete.
- We provide bookkeeping services for your rental.
When we say we want you to be worry-free, we mean it! Our team of Intempus Property Management accountants will crunch the numbers for you, so you don’t have to.
Our accounting services include:
- Making any necessary payments on your behalf
- Keeping records of all credits and debits
- Providing detailed, incremental reports throughout the year
- Providing necessary documents for you when it’s tax time
- Suggesting tax deductions you may qualify for
- We offer a free, 24-hour repair hotline and provide preventative maintenance for your Santa Cruz rental.
You and your tenant will have a 24-hour repair hotline that you can use for repair emergencies.
Have an emergency? Contact our 24-hour repair hotline now.
In addition to emergency repairs, we provide a preventative maintenance plan for every property that’s under our management. We strive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
We have an in-house team of maintenance professionals as well as a trusted network of external contractors. We get repair estimates quickly and ensure repairs are done properly the first time. Our team serves as your general contractor for repairs and we facilitate, supervise, and manage the work of external contractors while work is being done on your property.
- We handle the move-out for your rental.
When it’s time for your tenant to move out, we will manage the process for you. This involves conducting a detailed inspection of your property, just as we performed before the tenant moved in.
We’ll provide you with a thorough condition report that will be created for you and the tenant, which will list any damages we find. At the move out, we also return the remaining balance of the security deposit, minus any fees for repairs.
After the tenant has moved out, we’ll clean the property, complete any repairs, and re-key locks. When the property is ready, we can restart our proven process again to find your next quality tenant.
Living in Santa Cruz, California
Located in Santa Cruz County on the central Pacific coast, the town of Santa Cruz is a jewel of a city, loved by residents and tourists alike. Located 76 miles south of San Francisco, Santa Cruz is situated at the northern end of Monterey Bay.
A famous surfing haven, Santa Cruz gets its share of cold Pacific waves and morning fog. Yet, the town is also known for its year-round sunny weather. Santa Cruz gets 262 sunny days per year, nearly two-months longer than the U.S. national average of 205 days. Year-round temperatures range from the 40s in winter to the 80s in summer.
Santa Cruz was named by the Spanish explorer Don Gaspar de Portola in 1979. He was enamored by a beautiful flowing river in the area, which he called the San Lorenzo in honor of Saint Lawrence, and the beautiful rolling hills nearby, which he called Santa Cruz, or Holy Cross.
Santa Cruz is home to roughly 65,000 residents. The ethnic makeup is approximately
58.4% White, 33.5% Hispanic, 4.8% Asian, 1.4% African American, 1.8% Native American or Alaska Native, and 0.2% Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander.
Get the Most from Your Santa Cruz Property Investment
Intempus Property Management has been proudly serving clients in Santa Cruz for over 15 years. We manage and sell properties from Santa Cruz County to Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and beyond. As Santa Cruz’s leading property management and real estate firm, our award-winning services consistently get top reviews from our clients. So, whether you’re looking to rent, buy, or sell a property, contact us. We’re here to help you get the most from the area’s robust housing market. One of our friendly team members is waiting to talk to you and answer any questions you have!