When it comes to entertainment, the Bay Area truly has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, exciting new cuisine, live entertainment, or just a fun way to make memories, there’s no shortage of exciting day trips to fill your summer with here!
Today, we’re sharing our favorite Bay Area summer activities!
Top 9 Things To Do In The Bay Area This Summer:
1. Book A Wine Tasting At A Top Local Vineyard
California is known for our delicious wines, many of which come from local Bay Area vineyards! A trip to the wineries with a group of friends is the perfect way to relax and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. Here are just a handful of the top-rated local vineyards on Yelp:
- Charles Krug Winery
- Louis M Martini Winery
- Urban Legend Cellars
- Wattle Creek Winery Tasting Room
- Brooklyn West Winery
2. Visit The North Bay Heritage Train and Carousel
For a more family-friendly activity, check out the North Bay Heritage Train and Carousel in Ontario.
Celebrate California’s fascinating history with the “little Lucy Dalton,” a miniature replica of the first locomotive to enter North Bay, back in 1882! You can even take a tour of the Heritage Railway or ride the restored Heritage Carousel. Best of all, the affordable ticket prices make this the perfect day trip even for those on a tight budget.
3. Explore Nature At One Of Big Sur’s Beautiful Parks
Known for its gorgeous, scenic parks and beaches, Big Sur is a great place to spend the day if you’re looking to spend some time outdoors. Whether you prefer tanning near the water or hiking through nature trails, Big Sur is the perfect destination to get in touch with nature. Check out the amazing local beaches and parks!
4. Enjoy Some Fresh Air At John Muir Park
Located in Martinez, John Muir Park is a tranquil, historic site where you can hike along nature trails, enjoy a picnic lunch, and even learn about Muir himself, one of the earliest conservationists who helped create the National Park Service.
5. Explore Local Shops And Restaurants In Half Moon Bay
If you’re looking for great shopping, new restaurant options, or even a place to tee off, you need to take a trip to Half Moon Bay!
Walking along Main Street, you’ll see plenty of charming, small shops where you can find everything from jewelry to kitchen gadgets to furniture, and more! There’s even a number of cafes and restaurants that are known for their amazing food.
6. Learn About Rare, Local Plants And Wildlife At Elkhorn Slough
Mostly known as a habitat for Bay Area sea otters, Elkhorn Slough is home to a slew of rare plants and other wildlife, including more than 340 species of birds.
In addition to the photogenic landscapes and animals, Elkhorn Slough also has 5 miles of nature trails that offer stunning views of the freshwater marshes, oak woodlands, and peaceful tidal creeks.
7. Spend The Day Sightseeing In Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz is known for its amazing beaches, parks, restaurants, and landmarks! Here are just some of the most exciting activities and locations worth checking out this summer in Santa Cruz:
- Mystery Spot – If you like a good brain-teaser, you need to check out this historical landmark! First discovered in 1939, Mystery Spot has earned a reputation for defying the laws of gravity, as witnesses have seen mind-boggling demonstrations, like watching objects roll uphill!
- Santa Cruz Wharf – Shop at lovely, local boutiques, or indulge in some delicious seafood while you enjoy a calming view of the Monterey Bay.
- Main Beach – Check out free concerts and screenings of classic movies throughout the summer at Main Beach in Santa Cruz!
- West Cliff Drive – Take a relaxing bike ride or enjoy a peaceful walk alongside the water at this beautiful local landmark!
- Mission State Park – Mission State Park is constantly hosting exciting, family-friendly events throughout the summer, like campfires, tours, and living history demonstrations, all of which can be attended for free!
8. Visit Point Reyes State Beach
Point Reyes Park is a breathtaking landmark where you can enjoy hiking among California’s famous redwoods! The heavenly views and calming setting make this park the perfect place to relax at the end of a hectic workweek.
9. Head To San Francisco And Visit A Museum
Sometimes, there’s nothing better than spending the day in San Francisco! These are some of the top museums in the area we love to visit:
- Walt Disney Family Museum
- Asian Art Museum
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- San Francisco Dungeon
- Madame Tussauds
Thinking Of Moving To The Bay Area? Trust Us To Help You Find Your Dream Home!
At Intempus, we pride ourselves on being one of the Bay Area’s best full-service real estate companies! Every year, we help dozens of families and individuals find the perfect home; whether you’re planning to buy or rent in the Bay Area, our team of friendly professionals is happy to assist you in your search. Please contact us today for more information, and feel free to check out our glowing reviews on Yelp!