If you’re moving to California in the near future, you may be excited and nervous about relocating. Even with the help of a fantastic real estate agent, moving can be overwhelming! While you may be stressed out about packing, updating your address, or paying for home renovations, when you experience the joys of living in this beautiful state, you’ll be grateful that you settled down here! Whether you’re looking for tips on unpacking efficiently, decorating your new home, or traveling around California, the resources below have the answers you’re seeking.
Before You Move
From creating a reasonable moving budget to choosing reputable movers to packing up everything you own, these resources will help you get ready for your move.
- Outline your moving costs and monthly budget in accordance with the cost of living in California.
- Research long-distance movers online so that you can compare rates and get a great deal in advance.
- Start packing up your belongings in an organized fashion.
- If you know you’ll need help to look after your pet during the move, hire a qualified pet sitter.
Arriving on Moving Day
Moving day can be chaotic! But if you head out the front door with a plan, everything will go smoothly.
- Don’t procrastinate when it comes to unpacking – set up items for one room at a time.
- Make sure to update your bank, the post office, and others about your change of address.
- Put a little effort into interior design and start arranging appropriate decor in each room.
It’s time to turn your new house into a home. These resources will help you bring your own unique flair to your property.
- Many parts of California are warm and sunny all year round, so why not plant some flowers to brighten up your new yard?
- Prepare to spend anywhere from $108 to $261 to have telephone jacks and wiring installed.
- Customize your home’s interior with a new coat of paint.
- If you’re planning for bigger renovation projects, like updating your bathroom, start budgeting now!
Get to Know Your New State
With bustling cities, seaside vacation spots, picturesque parks, and endless cultural attractions, there are countless adventures to be had in your new home state.
- California is home to several amazing national parks, which are perfect for weekend getaways!
- Plan an amazing road trip along the California coastline to explore the state’s gorgeous beaches and thriving cities.
- California is well known for its diversity and creative communities, so why not check out the state’s many unique cultural districts?
It can take a while to truly feel at home in a new place. But when you move to a state with so much to offer, you’re bound to find a sense of real community. Moving across state lines can be complicated, but with these resources, you’ll be more than ready to pack up and head for California!
Photo via Unsplash