If you’re considering renting out a new property you own in Santa Rosa, California, or if you have one you’ve been renting out for years but would like help managing it, talk to us about your real estate and property management needs.
Intempus Property Management has a team of local experts in Santa Rosa real estate, so we can best serve your unique property management needs. We’ve been working in the Santa Rosa area for well over a decade. Our full-service team is dedicated to providing you with best-in-class service. We’ll go above and beyond to make sure you’re fully satisfied with our services and that your property is well taken care of!
We’re Your Santa Rosa Real Estate and Property Management Experts
Our local area experts are familiar with the distinct neighborhoods and areas around Santa Rosa, so we can advise potential tenants and find the perfect tenant for your property. Neighborhoods and areas in and around Santa Rosa that we serve include:
- Alta Vista
- Apple Valley
- Aston Avenue
- Bennett Valley
- Burbank Gardens
- Cherry Street Historic District
- Earle Street & South A Street
- Fairway View Estates
- Fountain Grove
- Historic Railroad Square
- Junior College
- Lincoln Manor
- Los Guilicos
- Memorial Hospital Neighborhood
- Mission Montgomery Intersection
- Montgomery Village
- North Junior College
- Northeast Rohnert Park
- Northwest Rohnert Park
- Northwest Santa Rosa
- Skyhawk Community
- South Park
- University District
- Vintage Oaks
- West End
- West Junior College Neighborhood
Our goal is to find the ideal match for your property with the right tenant. When potential tenants come to us who are looking to rent in the Santa Rosa area, we can tell them about local attractions, such as Annadel State Park, the Railroad Square Historic District, Roseland Village Shopping Center, and more. We will always emphasize the most attractive aspects of your property’s location.
Customized Property Management Services
We customize our property management services to cater to your unique needs as a landlord, homeowner, or investor. Our goal is to provide you with property management services that are comprehensive and that leave you worry-free.
We act as your personal concierge and our customizable services include:
- Real estate management
- Relationship management
- Residential property management
- Commercial property management
- Real estate sales
- Construction and remodeling
We offer a tried and true process for managing your rental. Here are the benefits of having Intempus Property Management handle your Santa Rosa property:
- We start with an evaluation of your Santa Rosa rental so we can maximize your rent value.
One of the first steps we take in assisting you with your Santa Rosa property management needs is setting up a property evaluation meeting. At this meeting, we’ll take a look at your property and learn about your needs and objectives. We’ll also make recommendations about opportunities to increase the value of your investment and maximize your rent.
At your Santa Rosa property evaluation meeting, we’ll:
- Make a rental rate determination
- Discuss guidelines, as well as the pros and cons of items you may want to include in your leases, such as smoke detectors, pet restrictions, and more
- Suggest ways to maximize your property value with repairs and upgrades
- Install a lockbox so that we can securely maintain your property
- We’ll professionally market your property on over 200 trusted rental websites that are in our network.
Part of our proven process to obtain quality tenants and to optimize your rent is marketing your property on our network of over 200 rental websites. We know which sites will give you the broadest reach, so we can access a pool of high-quality tenants.
As Bay Area residents ourselves, we’re familiar with the uniquely compelling attributes of the Santa Rosa community. To attract the best tenants, we promote not just your rental, but the positive features of the local Santa Rosa community, such as restaurants, shopping, and the Santa Rosa Town Square.
- We’ll get your property ready to promote and for your new tenants to move in.
Once we complete your property evaluation and all of the necessary paperwork, we’ll get your property ready to market, plus we’ll make it move-in ready for your tenants. These steps include:
- Cleaning the property thoroughly from top to bottom
- Making any needed repairs
- Taking professional photos of the property
- Writing the property rental description for use in marketing materials
- Creating promotional materials for the property, including social media posts, print publications, flyers, and more
- Alerting local realtors about the new listing
- Marketing the property in channels that attract high-quality tenants
The Intempus Santa Rosa property management team is available seven days a week to show our rental property to prospective tenants.
- We’ll screen applicants so you get the best tenants.
How we screen rental applicants:
Every rental applicant must complete a detailed application in order to be considered as a tenant.
We help you qualify and select the best tenants by collecting all of the information you need to make an educated decision. We provide a variety of checks in addition to a detailed application for each applicant. Checks we perform include a background check, a credit check, and a reference check. Our reference checks include contacting former landlords and employers for each applicant. Once we’ve completed the screening process, we’ll present the information to you so you can make an informed decision.
5. We handle every step of the move-in for your Santa Rosa rental.
Once you’ve selected your tenant, we facilitate and supervise every step of the move-in process. The property will remain listed on the market until a security deposit is received. This helps eliminate any avoidable vacancies.
Every tenant will sign a binding lease agreement provided by our team of legal professionals. The agreement may include terms and guidelines specific to your property. Upon completion of the agreement, we’ll ensure the tenant clearly understands the terms by reviewing it with them.
Once the agreement is signed we:
- Provide the tenant with a login to our easy-to-use Intempus Property Management Tenant Portal
- Collect the first month’s rent
- Verify that the tenant has procured renter’s insurance
- Conduct a walkthrough of the property with the tenant and sign a Statement of Condition
- We collect the rent and other payments for your Santa Rosa rental.
Ensuring that rent and payments are received on time and consistently is essential to us as we know it is to you. Payment due dates will be specified in the lease and collected throughout the tenancy. We always do our best to collect on-time payments, but we have procedures in place in the event a payment is overdue. If a payment is overdue, we will contact the tenant to make payment arrangements. Late fees will be enforced. If necessary, we dispense pay-or-quit notices.
- We perform yearly inspections to ensure proper upkeep of your Santa Rosa property and to make sure your property is safe.
We provide yearly inspections for properties under our management. Yearly inspections allow us to ensure the property is being properly cared for. It also helps us to proactively find any safety hazards, code violations, repair needs, or lease violations. We will provide you with a detailed report that highlights our findings once the inspection is complete.
- We provide bookkeeping services for your Santa Rosa rental.
When we say we want you to be worry-free, we meant it! Our team of Intempus Property Management accountants will crunch the numbers for you, so you don’t have to.
Our accounting services include:
- Making any necessary payments on your behalf
- Keeping records of all credits and debits
- Providing detailed, incremental reports throughout the year
- Providing necessary documents for you when it’s tax time
- Suggesting tax deductions you may qualify for
- We offer a free, 24-hour repair hotline and provide preventative maintenance for your Santa Rosa rental.
You and your tenant will have a 24-hour repair hotline that you can use for repair emergencies.
Have an emergency? Contact our 24-hour repair hotline now.
In addition to emergency repairs, we provide a preventative maintenance plan for every property that’s under our management. We strive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
We have an in-house team of maintenance professionals as well as a trusted network of external contractors. We get repair estimates quickly and ensure repairs are done properly the first time. Our team serves as your general contractor for repairs and we facilitate, supervise, and manage the work of external contractors while work is being done on your property.
10. We handle the move-out for your Santa Rosa rental.
When it’s time for your tenant to move out, we will manage the process for you. This involves conducting a detailed inspection of your property, just as we performed before the tenant moved in.
We’ll provide you with a thorough condition report that will be created for you and the tenant, which will list any damages we find. At the move-out, we also return the remaining balance of the security deposit, minus any fees for repairs.
After the tenant has moved out, we’ll clean the property, complete any repairs, and re-key locks. When the property is ready, we can restart our proven process again to find your next quality tenant.